Prayer for the Canonization of Blessed Emperor Karl of Austria:
[To be prayed at the beginning of each day of the novena.]
Heavenly Father, through Blessed Emperor Karl You have given Your Church and the people of God an example of how we can live a discerning and spiritual life in a convincing and courageous way.
His public actions as emperor and king, and his personal acts as a family man, were firmly based in the teachings of the Catholic Faith. His love for his Eucharistic Lord grew in times of trial, and helped him to unite himself to Christ’s sacrifice through his own life’s sacrifice for his peoples. Emperor Karl honored the Mother of God, and loved to pray the rosary throughout his life.
Strengthen us by his intercession when discouragement, faintheartedness, loneliness, bitterness and depression trouble us. Let us follow the example of Your faithful servant, and unselfishly serve our brothers and sisters according to Your will.
Hear my petitions and grant my request [mention your intention here].
Grant that Blessed Karl of Austria be deemed worthy of canonization, for the glory of Your Name, the praise of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and for blessings upon the Church.
- Day One: Reverence for the Most Blessed Sacrament
- Day Two: An Emperor Devoted to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
- Day Three: A Life of Sacrifice
- Day Four: Sharing in Christ’s Passion—Greatness in Suffering
- Day Five: “Love Your Enemy”
- Day Six: Devoted Father
- Day Seven: The Sovereign
- Day Eight: Faithful Fulfillment of the Will of God
- Day Nine: The Blessed Virgin Mary